TMT bars are one of the most wide used construction materials in the world. This article summarizes the various applications and advantages of using TMT bars in construction projects.
Thermo Mechanically Treated (TMT) bars are one most popular construction materials in India as well as overseas. TMT bars are considered the backbone of construction and the best quality TMT bars are immensely known for their superior strength and ductility.
TMT bars are manufactured using the process of Thermo Mechanical Treatment which hardens the outer surface of the TMT bar and softens the inner core. This process makes the TMT bars ductile as well as flexible.
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages offered by the best quality TMT bars to the construction industry –
1. Strength and Ductility — This is the first and the most important benefit of using TMT bars in construction. Using TMT bars in construction makes the structures more robust. The ribbed pattern which is present on the surface of TMT bars also provides extra strength by bonding them more tightly with concrete.
2. Corrosion-resistant — The best quality TMT bars are corrosion resistant. This is a significant property of TMT bars which makes it one of the most demanded material in the field of construction. It is due to this property TMT bars are most preferred for construction projects which are located in area with higher humidity.
3. Fire-resistant — TMT bars are highly thermal/fire resistant. TMT bars manufactured by leading TMT bar companies in India can absorb heat from 400 to 600 degree Celsius. As fire breakout is the worst and most deadly, making use of best quality TMT bars which has fire-resistance properties can significantly reduce the damage caused due to fire breakout.
4. Earthquake resistance — Natural calamities like earthquake are deadly. TMT bars helps in enhancing the handling capacity of the building, thus it can withstand natural calamities like earthquake. The soft core of TMT bars delivers high level of ductility, which enable the structure to resist dynamic seismic stress easily and effectively.
5. Cost-effective — TMT bars are cost-effective construction materials. The high tensile strength and elongation of TMT bars results in the usage of significantly less amount of steel for the same level of construction. As TMT bars are light-weight, the cost of transportation and storage is also significantly reduced.
TMT bars have now become pivotal in each and every construction project. Here are the main projects where TMT bars are widely used –
· Residential projects/Highrise residential buildings
· Office / commercial structures
· Long span bridges and flyovers
· Underground structures
· Large structures such as Malls, Schools, Airports, Hospitals, etc.
· Underwater or marine structures
TMT bars are a symbol of innovation and strength. These bars are widely used in various types of construction projects like the construction of residential and commercial properties, industries, flyovers, railway stations, and much more. The first thing that comes to mind when we think of TMT bar is superior strength. It is needless to mention that strength is one of the biggest advantages of the best quality TMT bars.If you are planning to purchase TMT bars for a construction project, make sure you are doing so from a reputed TMT bar manufacturer and supplier in India.